Sunday, January 11, 2009

Quilting
One of my very favorite things to do is to quilt. I learned how to quilt on this quilt. The blocks are made for dresses that Arlene and I wore as little girls. Mother had set the blocks and never quilted them. We I decided that I wanted to learn to quilt I took the blocks and put new background material on each one. What was there was turnning yellow and I wanted it to be white. After I finished all the blocks I sit it together with the pink and blue sashing. I quilted this by hand as I do all my quilts. I was pretty proud of the quilt even tho I am sure it was a very beginner's quilt and any quilter could tell . I was however proud of the work that I had done and therefore my first attempt at quilting. Over the years I have used this quilt a lot. I am a firm believer that a quilt is made to use not just to look at. So for many years I used it. Just recently Candi my granddaughter ask me for this quilt because she said it was the softest one of all my quilts. This even after I had given her a beautiful Sun Bonnet Sue quilt for her high school graduation but it was new and she wanted this one because it was soft. (smile) Well yes of course I gave it to her like I do most things she wants this telling you she is a little spoiled and I am to blame for most of that. (smile) She uses the quilt and that I am happy about. This is just another amoung the many memories that I have that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment