
"Centennial" This quilt has quite a story behind it.I worked on this quilt for at least 20 years.No I am not that slow I just kept taking it outworking on it and putting it up again. I seemed to have a problemgetting it to square up so I would just put it up and thenI would drag it out again.One day I just decided to take the scissors and make it straight and bind it and finish it.At long last it was finished and turned out pretty good.I had called it "My Ugly Quilt"for years but as it turned out it was pretty and very colorful. The pattern is called "Centennial".There is a story behind this quilt pattern.Back in the covered wagon pioneer days, womenwould cut little pieces of fabric in hexagon shapes and they would trade with their friends, then when they had enough blocks that were different they would make this quilt. This would make many different colors and patterns in the quilt. I enjoy this quilt and I use it a lot. I actually use all my quilts because
that is what they are made for is to use and enjoy.
More Memiores that Last Forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment