Monday, February 2, 2009

Very Old Quilt Block


This is just a quilt block that has not been put into a quilt. I just put a binding on it to preserve it. I am not 100% sure but if my memory serves me my Mother had this block in a trunk and when she gave it to me she said it was made by my father's mother Ludella Pearl Swafford McConnell. Of course that just makes it more special to me. I have never seen the pattern and I have looked in many quilt books for this pattern. It very well may be one she just made up. I know I do that a lot myself I just design my blocks the way I think they look good. Anyway you look at it this is a old block and very special to a quilter. Belonging to my grandmother make it just even more the better. This would really be a Memory That Last Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment